Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The "Joys" of Cleaning My Boy's Room!

Since we were out of school today for snow (or NO snow, as it seems to be in our case), I decided to be a bit productive and clean Ewan's room (he's 7, and yes, he helped me).  I've been avoiding this, as the clutter built up.  This was not meant (and wasn't) to be a deep clean, just a nice tidy up.  Upon doing so, I came up with a list of interesting questions I have about boys and their rooms (I realize some of this may carry over to girls as well).

1.  Why do they shove dirty clothes under their bed?  He's usually so good about putting his clothes in the dirty clothes basket.  When I asked him how they got there, he looked at me and said "I have no idea how they got there!"
2.  What's with hoarding little collection of toys in strange places?  I found the oddest toys in the strangest of places.  There was a whole collection of plastic army men shoved under his desk, when I asked him why they were there, he looked at me very seriously and said "They're hiding from the enemy!"  I also found hoards of Lego men (with and without all of their body parts).  I taught him the beauty of putting these little collections in containers.  Let's hope they stay in there.  This brings me to number 3.
3.  LEGOS!  They are everywhere!!!  Under the bed, in the bed, under the throw rug, in the chair, on top of the chest of drawers, in the chest of drawers, and even worse, under my FEET!  He knows they have a container, why can't they stay there?  I think they multiply over night!
4.  Why do I keep finding food in his room?  Valentine's Day was almost 2 weeks ago, and there are still the remnants in his room.  I found a stash of candy behind the chair in his room.  Candy wrappers, powdered sugar, and GUM stuck to the floor.  Thank goodness for hardwood floors!  I even found a box of cereal shoved in his closet.

Next, I get to tackle Liam's room - he's 13 - I'm so not looking forward to that!  These questions pretty much apply to him as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment